Septembers What’s Baking was family favorite. It took me a while to come up with what to make for this. Most of my family recipes that are favorites have already been posted. But then it dawned on me, one of our families favorite things to do late Sept early October is to go apple picking. We always have to have an apple crisp right after picking, it’s just a must for our family.
I love crisps because you don’t have to fight with crust, chop apples mix topping add and bake. Nothing can be simpler. Top with a big old scoop of ice cream and it’s perfect. I hope your family enjoys this as much as we do.
Apple Crisp (From: Betty Crocker)
- 4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cream or Ice cream, if desired
Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients except cream until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve warm with cream.
© 2011, Carrie. All rights reserved.