I always say I don’t like seafood, but lately almost weekly I ask Adam to make shrimp. And am hoping to try my hand at some fish dish in the coming weeks. Maybe my taste buds are changing as I age, hey I will take that. I would like to like fruit too!
I haven’t yet found a shrimp dish to be time consuming as this one was no different. I loved the orange flavoring in this one.
Orange Tequila Shrimp (From: Apple A Day)
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails left on
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and very finely chopped (We omitted)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 c. fresh-squeezed orange juice (from 2 oranges)
- 1/4 c. tequila
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- lime wedges, for serving
In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, oil, half the jalapeno, half the garlic, and zest; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 15 minutes and up to one hour.
Heat a gas grill on high or stove-top grill pan over high heat.
© 2011, Carrie. All rights reserved.