This was another item on the menu created for us, I was very excited to try this as Adam and I both love buffalo flavor, but don’t love spice. I love that this is a crockpot meal as Adam is willing to throw it together before work, so all I have to do is eat at night 🙂
We had a friend over for dinner and we all found this a little too spicy for our tastes, I would 1/2 the buffalo sauce for our taste buds, otherwise it was excellent!
**How can you get a good picture of lasagna, it just doesn’t work for me EVER!
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna in the Crockpot (Inspired From: A Year of Slow Cooking)
- Uncooked traditional lasagna noodles
- 4 already cooked chicken breast halves, shredded
- jar of prepared pasta sauce
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 (15oz) container cottage cheese (Can blend smoother if wanted)
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup of water (add at very end)
In a large glass bowl, combine cooked chicken breasts, the pasta sauce, and 1 cup of buffalo wing sauce.
Ladle a big spoonful of the sauce into the bottom of your crockpot. Cover with a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles.
Spread cottage cheese over the top. Then another layer of sauce and noodles, then a layer of bleu cheese (1 cup), and then sauce and noodles.
Sprinkle with colby cheese and bleu cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 4-5.
© 2010, Carrie. All rights reserved.